• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You've Gotta Be Kidding! P4G8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmTSea19

The Asus P4G8X Deluxe came in stock today at Newegg and is $299.00!

Now, I've never built a computer before, this is my fist one, but this price seems outrageous to me! Especially when most Motherboards are under $200, the majority being well under $150.00.

So, what will the new Canterwood and Springdale's be? $500?

Last edited:
LOL.

I agree, three bills for a mobo is insane. Supposedly, the new Canterwood and Springdale boards are going to be less expensive because they don't need to be manufactured with a six-layer PCB like the Granite Bay boards. (But, there is some evidence the GB boards overclock as well as they do because they are on a six-layer PCB. If this is true then the new boards might not overclock as well, either.)

At $200 I think you can make a case for the GB's. But I don't think its worth three times the price of an Abit BE-7 RAID or Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra.

BHD

Okay, I just looked again at Newegg and that was the price for the retail version. Now, when I click on it, it's out of stock again, *lol*. I don't know what's up with Newegg.

I guess the people paying $640.00 for 3.06 CPU can afford everything, so it's probably not much to them.

I don't think it's worth it either. BTW-Motherboards.org rated the P4G8X(not deluxe I think) not as well as some much cheaper boards.

For me, I'll be getting one under $200, *lol*.

http://www.techmole.com has the deluxe version for $212.80. Doesn't look like OEM either but might very well be. The thing is, one wonders about techmole's reputation on resellerratings...

But in my opinion, this board, even at $212 is still not worth it.

You think that's bad, the Asus has a bid of $460.00 on ebay.

WTF!!??? That's just insane... I mean come on, save a bit more and get a prometia or something then. At least the prometia will be a long term investment. The Granite Bay boards will be outdated in 6 months... I am personally waiting for Canterwood.

That's far over the limit of absurdity. Yeah, 800MHz bus and dual DDR400, schweet. 1200MHz would be even cooler with DDR2. Oh man, bus speeds are reaching my stock CPU speed! Time to upgrade.

EmTSea19 said:
The Asus P4G8X Deluxe came in stock today at Newegg and is $299.00!

Now, I've never built a computer before, this is my fist one, but this price seems outrageous to me! Especially when most Motherboards are under $200, the majority being well under $150.00.

So, what will the new Canterwood and Springdale's be? $500?
I bought mine from newegg for $229 about a week ago. They sold out in less than 30 minutes.

Outstanding motherboard - Solid - Feature packed

If it's true that Newegg sold them a week ago for $230, then that demonstrates pure greed on their part. A $69.00 mark up in one week! Like I said, You've Gotta Be Kidding!
Just checked, and it's now $289.00 only one day later. The OEM is $289.00 too. Not that it matters, because if I am going to pay over $200 for a MB, it isn't going to be for an OEM.

I am glad the board is nice, I like it too, but it is way overpriced.

Back