• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-8IHXP BIO's Mods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlmoun0

Registered
GA-8IHXP BIO's Mods !Where are you?!

Is there anyone out there that can or has tried to mod the GA-8IHXP bios yet? Where is "The Natural" when you need him?

Last edited:
jlmoun0 said:
Is there anyone out there that can or has tried to mod the GA-8IHXP bios yet? Where is "The Natural" when you need him?

I noticed in your sig you have got it to run stable at 156 FSB, how? ive got two 120gxp hds and am using the raid, gf4 4200, audigy. As soon as I get to 154 bus, apps will start to close by themselves, this app needs to close, etc. etc. and I am running on slower pc800 samsung ram.

-DragonSlayer

Maybe I got lucky with the CPU but it is nothing fancy.I have a LianLI case, 2.8 P4, an Alpha 8942 heatsink, 38 mm 5500rpm Fan, 2*256 1066 Kingston memory, 3.0 version GA-8IHXP MB. I think your memory is holding you back.

hmmm.. well thanks for the reply. When I first built the system I bought some Samsung PC1066 from buymstar.com (found the site off of pricewatch). I failed to read that they had a 10 day RMA, and I was out of town for a few weeks for Thanksgiving vacation... Needless to say, when I tested out the RAM it turned out to be faulty, neiither could I return it due to the 10 day RMA (220 damn dollars wasted). :(

So I've got to manage it with pc800 samsung, but like I said I think the high PCI bus is messsing up my RAID, thus preventing from further oc.

-DragonSlayer

Mine is in RAID stripp 0 and I have no problems. It is the best MB for 184pin RDRAM. Hope you work it out.

Awesome!!! 2.8ghz 624fsb

jlmoun0 said:
I set the vcore at the max (+2.00) and no load 36-38 degrees average and load maybe 45-48.

hey buddy, just thought i would let you know that i was able to get the max 156 bus and 400 more mhz out of this sucker. I just had to put the vcore at 1.55 though and upped the agp voltage to 1.6, and everything runs solid. Even got a new 3dmark 01 score of 13500 on 4200 128mb @ 300/580.

Btw, I may be able to get some pc1066 for next to nothing. How much of a difference would that make in benches/games?

DragonSlayer

As far as I know, nobody has published a usable Bios Mod for the GA-8IHXP & the prospect is very unlikely.

However, the BiosMods.com may be a source of help in this regard:
http://www.biosmods.com/

BiosMod Forum:
http://forums.biosmods.com/

The difficulty in writing a Bios Mod for the 8IHXP is illustrated by the fact that Gigabyte's EasyTune 4 cannot be made fully functional for this board, because of hardware board issues. As I understand it, it would take a board hardware modification for a software Bios Mod to even be constructed (& written).

Back