• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I finally got in the new board!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

confusionfactor

Registered
I finally got in the board! The Shuttle AS45GTR Ver 1.3 (Newer revision) Motherboard I ordered refurbed from Newegg. It was pretty much brand new! Nothing except the board had been opened...So far I'm happy with it. It seems to be a decent board, and I actually got to 2.97Ghz at 165 fsb and 333 mem settings... and even ran the Sisoft Sandra burn in tests for 10 rounds without a crash! CPU temps went to 61C though, but no higher.

My little hot CPU problem continues even with the new board though. Even at 1.8 Speed...I've had it at 2.4 for 24 hrs with no problems and no temp differences. It starts at about 45c...Cooler, but not what I was hoping for. Could I just have a hot chip or something? Strange it does this in different boards...but I believe it could do 3ghz judging by the 2.97ghz I ran. To bad this board caps at 165 fsb..lol.

Back