• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone tried this Mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreadlord79

In Jetway P4MFM ATX which the link to I have found is here:
http://www.softwareandstuff.com/h_mb_SP4XFMp415.html
The mobo shown comes with a P4 1.5GHz CPU and all of this for $179.95. Do you think this would be a good non-overclocked system for MP3's, DVD's and movies? I am planning on using this for only the things I mentioned above and using a second PC for my gaming and such. I want to hook both of them up to the net with wireless and use both on my soldering bench which I am making from an old computer desk which I have.

I havent had any experience with the board you are talking about or thei brand name, but it looks like it will get the job done. On another note, have you considered going with an AMD setup, the low range athlons are really cheap nowadays about 50 bucks to be exact, and Sis 735 is a really good low cost midrange chipset.

Anyway, if you decide to not go with the p4, id reccomend something like an athlon 1800xp and sis 735 chipset mobo, that should definitely suit your needs and will definitely be cheaper than the setup youre thinking about. if youre going to be using pc133 sdram or lower then go for this board: ECS K7S5A. If you shop around on the net i bet you could get the cpu mobo with heatsink and fan for 120 bucks or lower. If you are looking to keep this system somewhat upgradeable and are planning on using DDR ram go with a board with the kt400 chipset. an 1800 and kt400 mobo should be right at the amount youre planning on spending even lower i would predict and would be a very good performer as well.

Good Luck,
DragonSlayer

As you can probably tell by my sig. I'm a very big fan of AMD but I was trying to think of a system that won't produce to much heat (one of AMD's problems on any of their chips sad as that may still be) so that I have to put a hair dryer on this one. That was the main reason for me wanting to go with this setup and for a P4 and mobo for $180, I figured that must be pretty good for Intel. Thanks for the responce!!! I was also attracted to the Mini-ATX which for some reason seems hard to find any more.
P.S.~ Look at my sig. again;)

dreadlord79 said:
As you can probably tell by my sig. I'm a very big fan of AMD but I was trying to think of a system that won't produce to much heat (one of AMD's problems on any of their chips sad as that may still be) so that I have to put a hair dryer on this one. That was the main reason for me wanting to go with this setup and for a P4 and mobo for $180, I figured that must be pretty good for Intel. Thanks for the responce!!! I was also attracted to the Mini-ATX which for some reason seems hard to find any more.
P.S.~ Look at my sig. again;)

awww... i see.

Well, i just checked pricewatch and p4 1.8 sckt 478 are cheaper than 1.6 and 1.7's, so I would definitely go with the 1.8ghz. As far as the mobo you gave a link for after looking at the specs, I would not reccomend because it has no AGP slot, even though you will be using mor music and movies, I think you'd be better off with a low end graphics card, I have had builit in graphics controllers before, try playing a high res movie or even the lightest game and it is just slow. I am guessing you already have the RAM for this system?

Since I dont know. Here's a budget board that supports sdram and ddr ram only up to 266 though--PC CHIPS 930LR
That along with a 1.8 should cost you about 170 or so.. the same mobo with a 1.6 however will cost you about 150.00 w/ hsf. Try this link:

http://www.accubyte.com/applications/search/itemdetails.asp?sku=MBC-930-16

Dragon

Back