• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Chipset for P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

datafiend

I curently have the amd Asus A7N8X D mobo and I'm sick of the trouble. I'm looking for an Abit P4 mobo, what is the new chipset that people are using the most for DDR memory. I currently have 2X256 corsair xms pc3200. Whats the best board now for overclocking? I'm looking for raid also. Does the P4 suport SATA yet? Any help would be great.

Data, I'd recommend the IT7 max1, my brother and I are both running them, I've got a 1.6A to 172 FSB on one. The only drawback is no serial ATA, but most people are getting better speeds with ATA133 than serial. The IT7 also has 4 ATA raid slots, along with 2 more regular ATA slots.

Fry's Tempe has them, if you need one quickly, but Newegg is probably cheaper.

steve

The best chipset bang for the buck is the i845PE. Sure, the Granite Bay might be a little better, but they're way too expensive for my taste. Hard to beat the Abit BE7 for price, but if you want a mobo with all the trmmings, then the IT7 Max2 ver2 is worth looking into. The Asus P4PE is another good board.

Back