• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone use TH7-RAID with Powerleap adapter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strokeside

I have a TH7-RAID and want to upgrade to a Skt478 P4 (cause I can get a great deal on one). I also looked up the adapters for this, and the Power leap one has the TH7-RAID as a compatible board.
I want to get it, but when you get it alone, there is no HSF holder with it, and I don't know if this will cause a problem with the clamping on of the HSF, as the P4 heatspreader will now be higher up (because of the adapter). Has anyone made a mod to their motherboard HSF retention thing to accommodate the increase in CPU height?
How did you do this?

I would look for a Th7II at the minimum. I wouldn't do what you are suggesting for fear of too many issues.
I have seen the Th7II for very low prices look around.

Well contrary to what my sig says (which is old and needs updating), I have a TH7-RAID with 256MB RDRAM, GF2MX and a 1.4GHz P4 (256KB cache and Skt423).
If I upgrade my mobo, I need to upgrade my CPU anyways.
I would rather do one step at a time, and using the powerleap adapter and a cpu upgrade now, and then a mobo upgrad ein the future suits my financial situation better.

Back