• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My mo/bo is beeping :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi guys,
it looks like I have only troubles with my PC so far.
(Some background story)
Run it for like 2 months without any o/c. Then I saw this site and my life turned around ( now I'm o/c freak ). I built my self an watercooling setup that worked for 2 days then my pump busted.
I had then:

ABIT mo/bo BD7 II Raid
P4 2.26 @ 2.92
1 Stick 256 MB DDR RAM 3200 CAS 2.5 @172 FSB
GF 4 Ti 4200 128 MB RAM @ 303/560

It run stable ( I think ) for those 2 days I run 3D Mark 2001 multiple times and got my personal best 14221 back then.

Now the situation is changed a little and i have an ATI Radeon 9500 modded to 9700 @ 275/270
and another Memory stick this time it is a 256 MB DDR RAM 2100 CAS 2

I got my self one new pump that is running flawlessly so far ! But when I try to o/c I can't get past 170 anymore. If I try to run Prime95 for like one min I get har lockup. Not even 3D Mark wont run. When I lower FSB thigs are getting better but I still experience lockups ( 168 FSB ) and if I go lower still the strangest thing happens. My mo/bo starts to beep. It's only one beep similar to that one when posting after you have started your PC. But this one is somewhat lower in pitch Happens when I play games mostly ( 3d mark too [lobby fight mostly high detail one]) Sometimes it will beep a few times in a row with no clear pattern just random, sometimes it will beep only once and sometimes it won't beep at all. As far as i can see that beeps arent affecting anything on performance and like. I tried a new PSU and thought that maybe I need more and stable voltage because of the new Radeon but no. it was a very expencive guess from my side :(
Lockups still but I didn't have time to notice beeps ( I was so dissapointed that I have took of the new PSU and will be trying to return it back to store ).

Forgot to mention. I can run whole memtest 3.0 with these stick I have so I don't think it's Memory. Then CPU is watercooled and temps are really great so I don't think it is the heat too. Only new stuff are that RAM stick and Radeon. AGP buss is locked at 66 so I don't thing it might be Radeon ... not sure though. Only thing that is left is my CPU... Is it possible that it have lost its o/C abbility in last 2 months whan I run it @ 2.42.

So what is the drill ??? Why can't I o/c more? What are those beeps ??? They will kill me !

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

pko/c said:
In what voltage did you run your cpu back then?

Finally an update ! :D

What to say I went mad and thought of making my PC exactly the way it was when I o/c it last time!

Thanks God that I took out one RAM stick first :) Guess what. I'm at 3.03 GHz and in windows ! :cool:
Problem is that my mo/bo undervolts so I can't run anything heavy on CPU because it just crashes back to desktop. ( It ain't RAM I tried with all the loosest settings ).

What I find strange is that no matter what stick I use i can o/c without problem... If I use them together I'm stuck at ~160 FSB. How come ???
My biggest problem now is that I already have 2 sticks 256 MB RAM and I need one 512 now :( I don't know what to do with my sticks and my GF 4 that I still have...
Don't know where and how to sell it.

Most of the times to different memory sticks of different brand cause incompatibilities with its other and this is why with to sticks you can only achieve lower fsb.Also maybe one of your sticks can handle the fsb that the other can.

Back