• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ateck = bad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

I ordered a Radeon 9700pro from them. they sent me a non pro card. i called them, they don't even have an answering machine and I never got through. and no answer to my emails. They also want me to pay all shipping charges in the agrement and they want me to pay 15% ($45) in restocknig fees! I will never go there again to purchase stuf online. Why should I pay for thier screw up?

i already did :D

and I jsut now saw...they got blacklisted!!!!!!!!!!! I would not have baught from them if i had seen that when i first look there before buying

"
This retailer created multiple user accounts and submitted several reviews for itself on 10/28/02, 2/6/03, 2/7/03, and 2/9/03. The retailer states that the reviews were testimonials from their customers, but any review submissions by a retailer are against all of our policies.
"

I'm doing a review of this 9700pro to go on a popular page somewhere :D and I'll be sure to include details of this resellers horribleness.

Last edited:
keep the card as a 'gift' and dispute the charges on your credit card. Like NOW!

:D

no. as it ruens out it was a pro card underclocked so as ot have a silent fan on it. and it is an OEM card. so therefore it is not a pro card. as with ATI cards OEM cards are NEVER pro, they are jsut "9700 series" so that was mislabling. i called ATI, after Ateck told me "no call ATI, you tell them card is OEM, they tel lyou NOTHING, NOTHING!!!!!" of course after i told them i had already done so, did they7 yell this in my ear. morons... ATI told me, via tracking the SN and PN that the card was made for Dell, and must have been sold as excess, and that it is a pro VERIENT. well i am jsut sellnig the card. iwont bother disputing charges with these little SOBs (i would include more slander, but i'm not racist)

Intrepid6546 said:
They also want me to pay all shipping charges in the agrement and they want me to pay 15% ($45) in restocknig fees! I will never go there again to purchase stuf online. Why should I pay for thier screw up?

You said why should you pay for their mistake? Maybe because you are not willing to make them pay for their mistake?

You could have got a FREE video card out of this. ETHICALLY too!

I dont understand why people complain or ask for help and when a solution is offered they dont do it?

Back