• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM type

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabkicks

Can i put RAM better than PC 133 Sd ram in my mobo. i have a Giga-byte ga-7zx via kt133+686b chipset mobo. My onboard sound doesn't work anymore. is there any way i can fix that?
Look at my profile to see my system specs. my pc really sucks

on the ram front yes and no, if you mean better as in DDR, no it wont - but yes in the sense you should be able to put PC150 SDRAM, but of course this will operate at whatever your FSB operates at which will be 133MHz, but if you plan to overclock should provide better stability upto its rated speed

when you say your onboard sound doesnt work - how do you mean, is this a case of you cant find the drivers, or is the chip itself gone ?

then its gone - you can pick up a soundblaster digital 4.1 for like £25 ($40-50?) nothing awe inspiring, but nice little card imo

Try and see what you can do with the PC133 you have in there. I have been running a Athlon XP 1700+ (TBredB JIUHB 0302) in a SDRAM board for two weeks and the Crucial PC133 SDRAM is humming away at 155MHz. Stable as a rock.

You should be able to adjust the FSB (front-side bus) speed on that board. Just make sure your processor doesn't get too hot.

If you have the disk that came with the computer you should try and install the program called EasyTuneIII.

This program allows for the tuning of the FSB. If you don't have the disk you can try looking for it on the internet.
Just make sure you go in small increments and use some kind of stress technique to make sure the change is stable.

Back