• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rapid RAM price drop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuja

Registered
Can someone tell me what's going on here? Last week the Kingmax PC-2700 512 mb ram was 169 dollars, 3 days ago it's 133 dollars, and now it;s 114?! Are they releasing a new RAM or something? All the prices are in Cdn.

Prices have been dropping for the last month.

PC shipments in the fourth quarter of last year might not have been as high as expected and companies are now trying to slim down their stock levels. Just a thought.

My theroy is that they are coming out with ddr 2 soon so that my have some effect on the price drop we are seeing.

Even if DDR2 is coming out soon, the prices shouldn't be dropping that much within 10 short day. Uh-oh, I fear I might be getting the low-performance RAM that didn't do so well in the lab :eek: :mad:

Kuja said:
Even if DDR2 is coming out soon, the prices shouldn't be dropping that much within 10 short day. Uh-oh, I fear I might be getting the low-performance RAM that didn't do so well in the lab :eek: :mad:

yes, sometimes there is such a thing as too cheap, too quickly

Back