• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scratch & Dent from Newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cobra1

Disabled
i just got a KT7-Raid mobo from Newegg off the scratch & dent section for $12, and IT WORKS.

im curious now how often this happens. who else has gotten stuff that works, and what did ya get?

I got an epox 8kha+ with a light surface scratch near the socket lugs that broke a surface trace. It cost me 10 bucks shipped so i figured it was worth that price for parts.....but as soon as i got it i figured i could fix it. Sweet board for 10 bucks. I think normally they just have 1 or 3 in stock dead etc and just want to get rid of it maybe? Could be after they get sent back a certain amount of times from the refub it gets stuck in scratch&dent "IS DEAD" bin? Anyways this was my experience, not bad sofar.

i just received a Visiontek Geforce4 ti 4400 that i paid a total of $14 for, and it works just fine.

AHhh, good deal on the GF4 ti 4400, would like somthing other than my geforce 2 gts-v......heheh. Anyways, I saw that and you evidently were one of those that refreshed the page faster than me and got it.....ohwell. I wonder what standard newegg has for labling it dead~scratch&dent...could it be just getting sent back to many times?

im curious myself.....i'm wondering if most of it simply returns that cant be resold as new. some dead, and obviously some not.

when the ti4400 showed up i didnt really expect it to work, but it turned out to be a nice suprise. the rate at which stuff does work is still a mystery, because response to the thread has been very lacking.

but i guess for cheap, i'll keep taking chances on it. ive got a P3 1.13ghz ($6 & free shipping) coming out of Fridays batch of goodies.

Back