• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair 2700 high mgh 3700, has to be auto?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

Ok, I had corsair 2700 and I had the mgh set as high as it could go, something like 393 or what ever the highest is.... now I have in the 3700 and all's I can get the mgh is auto, to boot up.... what is the difference>? did I short myself my buying OCZ?

can you rephrase your question please? I don't understand what you are talking about.
With pc3700 you can set higher fsb and low multiplier, so you system can overall much faster.

CPU is at 3.233

OK.,
I am reallly not sure what I am doing in the bios.
I had set smoe settings , like just now. I have the multiplyier at 154 and the memory frequency set at auto. (evertyime I try to set mem freq, it wil not boot) that is what I meant at the above posting, because with the 2700, I could set it highest settings.
Now, I used to be able to go into, the memroy settings and set the numbers at 2.2.2.5, well this memory ran t that , but now, I beleive I have it higher..... i have it set at 1.5-3-3-6 I tried 1.5-3-3-5 and it would not boot either at those speeds. Is that what you are talking about? Or is 2.2.2.5 a better settiing? Please advise and thank you
p.s., I have tried to benchmark at this speed, and I get a blue screen almost all the way through the test. But I am running 3.233 cpu at this point and the puter is not locking up. I take it that is a good sign?

Ok, without specifics of your motherboard and ram type I can only guess the reason. Your ram setting is too aggressive, i don't know any ram can run at 1.5 cas delay, that's too much. 2-2-2-5 is about as aggressive as you can get. As I said before with pc3700 you can bump up you fsb from 154 to higer level, how high? It depends on you cpu and motherboard.

Hope this helps you little bit.

how do I bump the FSB?

all's I see on how to do the FSB, is in the CPU multiplier?? Is that right? I Have it set now at 154.........

ok I will drop it back down too, 2.2.2.5, but I had all my specs in my sig, here they are
P4PE asus with a 2.8 clocked now at 3.23
PC3700 1024mb type OCZ
audigy Platinum 2
Radeon 9700 pro clocked at 351/317

Unfortunately after looking at the manual for your motherboard it doesn't appear as though it has a setting for FSB:RAM ratios.

Technically the RAM could go all the way up to 233MHz (466DDR PC3700) but the CPU will not go anywhere near that.

The PC2700 RAM would have been suitable for your system since it is rated up to 166MHz (333DDR PC2700) which the processor might be able to cope with.

OK< thank you, then I need a Motherboard that can take the changes that I want to do then? I iwll start looking. Since I have the 8x radeon, I was thinking of changing it anyway.
Any recomendations?

Im not familiar with the P4PE and am too lazy to research it, but from the name I assume it has the Intel 845PE chipset in it. If im not mistaken I thought all the Mobo's with that chipset had some sort of memory ratios built in. I know that mine does, and my older BD7II-R did too even though it didnt have the PE chipset. You might wanna check to see if there is an option like that before you get a new mobo??? And maybe even a flash of your bios to a newer version would help

Back