• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low bandwidth for dual ddr?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Causality

I finally have my new Gigabyte 8SQ800 running. I have 2 512 corsair pc2700 cas 2 sticks in it.

I average about 3500 on my sandrasoft memory bandwidth tests running the memory at 333mhz. Does this seem a little low to anyone else?

Another thing that bothers me... I disabled the "dual channel" setting in the bios, yet I still get the same benchies which makes me suspect that dual channel is not enabled at all. Anyone seen any fixes/reviews on this type of issue?

Well, that certainly doesn't seem low to me as I get around 2800 with my memory at 193 mhz (albeit somewhat loose timings). As with the dual ddr, have you checked it in 3dmark and seen if your scores went up?

The scores did not go up :rolleyes:

What bothers me even more is that I took out one stick and got a bandwidth of 2500, while 2 sticks on "dual" mode only give 3500. I have heard that you can never get exactly twice as much, but less than 40% increase seems low!

I think you're expecting way too much out of dual channel 3500 is great however I dunno what to tell you as to why it won't shut off when you tell it to.

Shawn

Back