• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaso109

i overcloed my p4 2.4B 533 pentium 4 up to 3.06 i got 167 fsb and i got 1gb DDR pc2100 running dual channel mode i boot up the computer and it seems to all wrok until i do like 3dmark or play a game and it just freezes up. i tried taking out one 2 sticks so now i got 512MB running in single channel mode and i start a game it works firn for about 10 secs then the game just closes and i got back to the desktop and computer works just fine i tried starting the game again within 10 - 20 secons it closed again. i then tried to run 3dmark it did about 20 secs of first test and it just closed completely and i was back at desktop again. is this the memory causeing this is 266mhz too slow to run at 334mhz if i ordered some corsair 333mhz memory will that make anydiffrent in the stabliity.

yea it sounds like your memory cant take the speed, you should be all set with the 333mhz memory, Good luck!

Back