• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Kingmax Ram any good??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

Kingmax Ram pc3200 some help please

I was looking at a site (Kommax.com) and they have Kingmax(super ram) gold pcb edition PC3200 512mb for $77.00.. here is the site: http://store.yahoo.com/joyluckshop/51kinsuppcdd.html

Just wondered if it was a good deal or garbage and if anyone has used it??? Plan on ordering 'something' by Monday so any help would be appreciated. Also is 256mb of Ram enough??? or should I go ahead and get the 512mb

Last edited:
I found an article that said it uses Winbond chips-from what I've seen on this site, they are supposed to be good chips-don't what they are rated at though. I emailed Kommax sales and Kingmax and hopefully will here something Monday. I've read some of the reviews of the BGA version of the memory module and they weren't that good. Hopefully the Gold pcb edition is better.

Ooh that looks tempting. $144 for a gig of PC3200. I checked Kommax's reseller ratings and they are OK, but not stellar. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any warranty or guarantee listed on the website.

LOL I just checked Kingmax's website, this doesn't look too promising: Kingmax Warranty

IMO Kingmax sticks are good, made by Kingston are they not?
I think they are just the high range stuff of Kingston memories, I saw the gold PCB stuff looks good, perhaps with a heat spreader and 3.2vDIMM it would be better...:D

markodude said:
IMO Kingmax sticks are good, made by Kingston are they not?
I think they are just the high range stuff of Kingston memories, I saw the gold PCB stuff looks good, perhaps with a heat spreader and 3.2vDIMM it would be better...:D

Made by Kingmax for kingmax.

Back