• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which ram from newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danomite664

Ok, right now my system only has a measly 256 MB DDRAM (pc2100-thats as fast as i can go with this mobo). I want to get another 512 from newegg, but am not sure which brand to get. Im not really familiar with what to look for in ram. Which chip do you guys recommend getting, what should i look for in ram, and is there going to be a big difference in the stuff thats 61 bucks compared to the stuff thats 72? Thanks in advance.

Samsung and Crucial are good brands. You can use RAM that is faster than PC2100, but it will run at the PC2100 speed.

you definitely want to look for the timing and cas latency in the ram, as well as go with a brand name. you can read up on the poll and see what brand most people prefer. if you're planning to o/c then it's definitely what brand of ram with what kind of chips...from what i've been reading, winbond chips are really good. it also depens on what your mobo can support...you can look in your manual and see what specs of ram it can take (some mobos are really fussy about ram).

I'd get the 256mb pc2100 either crucial or corsair, forgot which - its in the top 10 sales, and its like $37 or $38. Just save your money and read the reviews for it.

Back