• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Madzen

Registered
Hi all,

Well after a month I just got a new board finally (Damn RMA process). Welp i'm up and running but I have somewhat of a road block. I have my two Corsair XMS pc3200's in slots 2 and 3 (the two blue ones). And on SIS I get a rating of around 2000mb/s... now correct me if i'm wrong shouldn't I be seeing around 3200mb/s? I'm not exactly sure on how all of this works so if someone could help me out i'd like my RAM at full working potential. Thanks again to the forum!!!

You would only see scores around 3k if you had your ram running at 400mhz. Just because you have pc3200 doesn't mean that it automatically runs at that speed, it just means that it can if you set it to. You probably have it running at 266mhz right now, to get it faster you would have to go into the mb bios & either up you fsb or set the memory to run faster than your fsb. Some more info on your setup would help

Well, it can theoretically run at a maximum of 3200.

You need to run a 200Mhz FSB to see near 3200.

Right now, you are probably running at 133Mhz which would equate to 2100...or 2000 in your case.

hmmm

Well, correct those are the readings I am seeing. I actually have my bus speed up to 143 so the total is (143 *2). What kind of modifications will I need to make to get my fsb high enough to see results around 3200? I have the thermalright SLK800 its not installed yet as the installation was giving me some trouble. But machine is definetly ready to be OC'd... im just unsure over the main steps i need to take... I know i can do better than 143 as it is VERY stable. So basically how can i approach 200?

start with raising the fsb 3 to 5 @ a time & Id raise the voltage on the Processor a bit & the memory as well then see if it will post

if it does then pump up the fsb some more

once you get too a point where it will not post you will probly have to clear the cmos & re-setup the bios then get back too the
fsb where it wouldnt post & raise the Processor Voltage & DDR voltage a bit more & see if it posts

you can end up doing this for some time before finding the optimum FSB & voltage settings with a good temp on the processor its all about experimenting its kinda scary @ first but you should be ok just dont get your proccessor too hot over 55c is not too good I dont know jack about your mobo or bios so maybe you should wait for some more input from someone with your mobo/bios

if you do try some higher fsb settings you will want too change the divisor to 5:2:1 in the bios if its available that will keep the pci & agp buss near there normal paramiters

A7NAX Lock

As far as I know the A7N8X has the PCI bus and the AGP channels protected... so im not to worried about those... one thing about the vcore and the mem timings though... should i keep it as aggressive?

Back