• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this memory XMS PC3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n00bular

I wanted to buy XMS PC3200 Cas 2 memory, and I stopped by at Frys. Is this XMS PC3200? I asked the "technician" and asked them if they had Corsair XMS PC3200 and they said no only CMS3200... I checked online and looked at the picture and it had XMS on the heatspreader online.

Heres the link:
Frys link

On Corsair's site, CMS256A-3200C2PT doesn't exist- only CMX256A-3200C2. Is it Fry's typo or something? I want XMS!! :mad: :mad:

From the timing -3-3-2 and 200 MHz, it is the Corsair XMS 3200 C2. But not the 3200 LL low latency one (6-2-2-2).

You are so lucky that can buy Corsair memory in retail stores.

This makes the return of bad and under-spec sticks much more desirable than the 3-week round-trip online RMA process.

Last edited:
I've done the online RMA and it only took me one week to recieve my stick after they got it from me. Corsair even ships it back via UPS 3-day (very nice of them).

~THT

The 3 week round trip I mean:
2 days to confirm bad stick (w/ RAMGUY)
2 days to request and receive RMA
4 days to ship them the bad stick
4-7 days to receive replacement
total will be about 2-3 calendar weeks

melon_stunner said:
I acutally bought a stick of Corsair XMS Platinum PC3200C2 from Fry's awhile back for $79.99. It does 455 (2-5-2-2) on 2.7 volts. Really really good ram!

I recently bought a stick of Corsair XMS PC3500C2 from googlegear for $180. It does 195 MHz (2-5-2-2) on 2.7 volts. :(

The same system runs stable at 211 MHz with another stick of memory (diff brand).

Yes, it's 512MB. It is just a bad stick that slipped thru their hand picked QC.

memtest86 (outside of XP) gave thousands of errors at stock frequency.

Back