• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda/8rda+ Faq

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k1114

Thought i'd post, been lurking for a while but finally got around to registering. Anyways, I started the original 8RDA/8RDA+ faq a while back and have been getting pretty good feedback so far, but more exposure can always help. More exposure = more input and thus a better site overall.

And i'm always looking for more pics! (see the info section for what I currently need :D )

Whats up k1114.

Go check out the nforce memory thread in memory to see what I was talking about at genmay.

And welcome to o/c

good to see you here :D

I'm interested in seeing what others say on the topic, but im telling you from personal experience that i'm right! Did you take a look at aoa? It might be xtremesystems but im sure I read a thread on it at one of the forums I visit.

I have been a member of AOA for a long time (over a year) and have not seen any threads like that. I'm checking into the new revision abit nforce2 mobo, mixed with a 512mb stick of crucial to compliment my 2x256mb sticks all in 128bit mode, we will see if I am right or not.

People here seem to be saying that you will get within 10% of the fsb speed with the ram at a low speed in 128-bit mode

Malakai said:
I have been a member of AOA for a long time (over a year) and have not seen any threads like that. I'm checking into the new revision abit nforce2 mobo, mixed with a 512mb stick of crucial to compliment my 2x256mb sticks all in 128bit mode, we will see if I am right or not.

People here seem to be saying that you will get within 10% of the fsb speed with the ram at a low speed in 128-bit mode

Definately what I (i'll post a link if I run across the thread) and at least one other have come across is that you get the same or less performance. And seriously, the performance hit you take by running the fsb/mem async makes it a bad choice anyways. I'm willing to bet on a diffrent chipset running dual ddr (only one I can think of is the old nforce or granite bay) it wouldnt be as bad.

Didn't see that thread in the memory forum btw, but im half awake so I probably just missed it.

Back