• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Integrated sound card??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I have seen numerous great mobos with integrated sound cards into the board. The K7N2-L has 5.1 on the board support..

What I don't know is if this is equal to SoundBlaster Audigy 2 card. With a board like this, do I really need a sound card. I use my computer for listening to music, MP3s actually...and for playing video games. I am about to upgrade..so I don't want to buy a sound card if I truly don't need one.

Thanks..

Two things to consider here.

First, I chucked my SB Live! to try the KT3 Ultra 2's onboard 5.1, and I haven't put the SB Live! back in yet, so it's at least as good as that. I listen to mp3s, watch divx movies, and game, and I'm content.

Second, you could always delay your soundcard purchase and just evaluate the onboard sound. If you don't like it, buy a dedicated card. ;)

I have been looking at that KT3 Ultra. I really like that little I/O connector with both digital coax and optical, even a SB doesn't have both unless you buy that bay deal. I would think that the sound on that K7N2-L would be fine. BTW, what type of speakers do you have, that would make a differance in my response.

msi's onboard sound is superb and the driver they give you is great with all the options they have when you want it to sound the way you want it

Back