• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

333 Vs 400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kochanski

Registered
How much difference does it make to 3DMARK if you run the same system at 200 X 12 and at 166 X 14.5 ?

I know that programs like SETI benefit a lot from higher FSB speeds. I use my PC for a lot of things but playing games is the only really intensive thing I do?

Basically, EVERYTHING benefits from a wider pipe, which is effectively what a higher FSB is.

I know my 3dmark scores went up when I went from a 133mhz FSB to 180 - the end result was only a 140mhz overclock roughly (1.66ghz to 1.8 ghz), but the memory bandwidth increased dramatically.

I would imagine 200 vs 166 would yield similar results - not so dramatic, but an increase nonetheless.

If you can do the 12x200, run a suite of benchmarks (and also do some gaming to get a real world feel for it) and then compare it to the 14.5x166.

I think you'll choose the former.

Back