• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston PC2700 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s[H]sIkuA

i finish building my new AMD rig yesterday

after trying some burn in and enjoying some games , i am started to tweak and oc this thing

I want to oc this ram and what i want to know is how many volt does this stick will stand ?

well , my msi KT4V board can get me to 2.8 , is that safe??

well still enjoying my new system and only will start oc after i get my hand on AS3 (now using normal thermal ,cant find AS when buying my pc stuff :( )

2.8V is the max you would want to put through DDR before it beomes "unsafe".....

no increase in voltage is 100% safe. but upto 2.8V is within a fairly safe increased Vcore range.

Vcore to 2.8 will burn the chip :D :D

anyway thanks

er....i have another question , if i run my AMD with 166Mhz (lower multis) instead of 133 and using the same 333mhz (PC2700) speed , will i get any speed increase??

I've read that Kingston is a popular brand of memory for servers. Primariliy know for stability, but not for overclocking.

try to raise my fsb to 180 and get my ram to 360 and it was stable on 2.8V Cas2 -3-3-5-2T

Try 190 , cant POST ...do u think is the ram or my 2000+ that unstable?

Back