• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+, the most irritating mobo I've ever come across?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CDJay

Registered
I'm sooo close to snapping at this point.

I've posted here a few times already, regarding my m8s PC. He got a 2400+, 8RDA+ and 1GB TwinX memory.

Have got the PC working no problems, but absolutely CANNOT get the soundcards ( Yamaha DSPFactory & SW1000XG ) working properly. At first they'd crash XP after a few minutes of use, now he's having trouble even getting into the O/S

It's tempting to blame the cards, but I doubt that's the problem.

Today I got my 8RDA+.

I installed it. Got it to boot & POST first time. "YAY!" I thought. Should have known better really, after the ( unresolved after 2 weeks ) hassle my m8 has had. I flashed to the latest BIOS using Alt F2, rebooted, and then decided to add my SCSI card.

This is an issue all new to me tho, I put in the SCSI card and nothing. Nada. Zip. Doesn't detect it. Try EVERY other PCI slot... same thing.

I think "OMG I can't have broken the SCSI card surely"? So I disable onboard sound and put in my Audigy. Same thing. Try PCI slots. Same thing.

It adamantly refuses to detect ANY PCI card I put it.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with this board? If I change both mobos to a different brand Nforce 2 based board will I experience similar hassles?

I've owned and used PCs for YEARS and have NEVER had this much hassle.

CDJay

Oh yea

Should mention that I just put my old mobo / processor back in, and whaddya know, it boots first time and the SCSI and soundcard both work flawlessly.

Should I try older BIOS revisions? Should I just return the board(s)?

CDJay

If you want to use sound card on 8RDA+, make sure you disable onboard sound card, midi port and also game port. In addition, do not use PCI 2 because it shares IRQ with AGP slot and many people reports irq conflict because of that.

In addition, are you sure in bios that the mobo didn't detect the card not windows xp? Try tp PAUSE when the bios lists all the components detected in the system (right before the system went into window nt loader, press pause key). If it was mobo problem, it wouldnt show the device there.

hehehe

LoL, yea I did disable onboard sound when I was testing audigy.

And since my system is SCSI only it's not hard to tell when it isn't detecting or using the SCSI card ;)

If I look in PNP/PCI thing in BIOS nothing is ever in the Int section excpet graphics card.

Nothing ever shows up on the screen ur on about either.

Interestingly it kept saying that 14 was the IDE controller despite me disabling everything IDE related.

Seriously, this board is aggravating me.

CDJay

LoL yea, believe me I've tried everythign obvious on both 8RDA+ based PCs

CDJay

Try taking the board out of the PC, put it on a non conductive surface then smash the ***** out of it with a mallet!

Back