• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New A7N8X BIOS -- 1002A Final is out now!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just tried it out and I lost the ability to run anything over 200 stable. Can't post above 207. I went back to the "uber" bios and I'm back up to 210 rock solid. Something is definitely different about that bios.

TC said:
I just tried it out and I lost the ability to run anything over 200 stable. Can't post above 207. I went back to the "uber" bios and I'm back up to 210 rock solid. Something is definitely different about that bios.
TC I wish you would measure your VDD with the Uber bios... Or have you already?

I have been seeing on some other forums that QFan is now functioning if you change connector to the PWR1 plug. Also some people have reported faster boots with onboard RAID. Hmmm...

Getting past the Raid check a little faster would be nice. But don't yet warrant a bios flash i guess.

Uber, the "raise your voltage" but not really bios....

TC said:

Could you post a site we can download the Uber BIOS at please?

-toxik

running it now havent pushed it anymore though since im still doing a burn in. However I did notice the raid screen loaded no faster than the blink i usually get :D Oh, I thought the Uber bios voltage didnt work? I ended up takeing off the VDD VR and running two resistors fixed at 1.7 volts, same clock thus far with lower voltage.

PH|BeR said:
I have been seeing on some other forums that QFan is now functioning if you change connector to the PWR1 plug. Also some people have reported faster boots with onboard RAID. Hmmm...
oh heck yes!!!! much faster boot times........

nikhsub1 said:

TC I wish you would measure your VDD with the Uber bios... Or have you already?
Already have and posted in another thread. With a regular bios it's roughly 1.59 and after flashing to the "uber" bios it's stuck at 1.67 regardless of what setting I choose in the bios. What I'm wondering is how does anybody know the actual chipset voltage is what's being measured at that smd resistor?

clash said:
Uber, the "raise your voltage" but not really bios....
From my experience I can come to no other conclusion than it IS doing something beneficial, whether it's changing the chipset voltage or not. If I can't even post at 207 with any of the official Asus bios versions, but I can run rock solid up to 220 simply by flashing to the uber bios - that says an awful lot. I know it has helped some people and done nothing for others. All I can say is it made a huge difference for me.

TC said:
From my experience I can come to no other conclusion than it IS doing something beneficial, whether it's changing the chipset voltage or not. If I can't even post at 207 with any of the official Asus bios versions, but I can run rock solid up to 220 simply by flashing to the uber bios - that says an awful lot. I know it has helped some people and done nothing for others. All I can say is it made a huge difference for me.

1. How many dimms are you using? If two, are they in dimm1+dimm2 or dimm1+dimm3? It seems for me that dimm1+dimm2 (non-dual channel) can clock few MHz higher.

2. Are you running 1002 Uber or 1002A Uber?

3. What Vdd setting do you set, 1.6 or 1.7 or 1.8 in the bios? I heard 1.7 works the best.

I am thinking about trying the 1002A Uber.

uber did nothing for me, I ran 1.65 before and 1.65 after on my meter, I did the vdd mod and it rocks :) I run at 1.85V at 204fsb in dual channel. Killer :) Let me take my 3d marks past the 18K on my daily run system, I can run an 18K score at anytime, not just setting the pc up for it hehe. again all thx to the vdd mod!

uber

I'm using 1002c uber on my non-deluxe. I can't remember where I got it but I'll look...

1002A Uber bios

Have a brand new asus A7n8x MB with Barton 2500. I was going to flash to latest bios version on Asus wwebsite. However many people rave about this Uber bios version. Where can I download this bios version? Is it fully compatable with my MB; board revision 1.04?

Back