• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

yatta folders- does the biostar board allow you to set the multiplyer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
I'm looking at putting together a bunch of cheap systems. I was going to get duron 1100's, but want to know if I can use a multi like 8.5 and set the FSB to 133. Does the board have jumpers or multiplyers selectable in the bios?

board

I'm looking at the M7VKQ because its $51 shipped.

If there's a socket A board out there at that price with video and sound I'm all about it. I was hoping to run Duron 1100's at 8.5x133, a 30mhz OC, on some systems I'm building for the elderly. So price is more my concern than OC'ing, although if I have to hard-code, I may do 9x133 for a 97mhz OC. I saw an MSI board with the features I need and some OC options but its about $60 with shipping which is too much added cost to justify the expense.

I suppose I can hard-code the multiplyers. Is there a way to force 133 FSB on this board?

Last edited:
I'm eager to hear about this as well. The BIOSTAR boards are THE inexpensive folding ticket right now and I have some cpu's waiting for a new home.

help Help HELP!!!!!!!!

Wedo

133 FSB

There is a jumper for 100/133 FSB. I just scoped the manual. SO hard-coding the multiplyer and or voltage should work pretty well to get durons OC'ed at 133 FSB.

well......i'm using the shuttle mk20n and it does have a jumper for 100/133 mhz settings

if this helps at all

happy folding trails to yall

scoobiedoo

Arkaine,

The mobo's are at "The Computer Clubhouse Inc" (found them on pricewatch.com) for $45.99 shipped.

Wedo

biostar

That's $5 more profit per unit for me and cheaper folders for Team 32!!! Thanks, Wedo.

Back