• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Dragon Lite + 1700 Tbred B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lenn

Hey guys, i'm new around here... but i've been trying to mess around with OCing.... i've come to the conclusion that my mobo sucks already... and my first and best bet to get the best OC is to get a new mobo... was just wondering what experience do you guys have with this mobo and chip.

So far i've gotten sorta stable at 169 FSB and 10x multiplier, i have a JUICB 1700. Running at that multiplier and FSB i was at 1650Mhz... but from what i've been reading i'm supposed to be able to run into the 2000 easily...

I've left the memory timings at "normal", basically stock... just been playing around with the FSB and the Multiplier...

Is it more beneficial to be rising multiplier or the FSB? I'm under the impression that raising the FSB because it allows all the other components to communicate faster... but... in the back of my mind i'm thinking it will cause everything to run out of sync....

but hey.. any help will be GREATLY appreciated.... and yea.. i've tried the search function.... all i've been getting is "Dragon lite sucks for OC.... " but not much help with the optimal setting thing.... Thanks guys!

Higher FSB will generally yield better performance than higher cpu clock. However if you're having stability problems due to the board you could always leave your FSB at 166 and raise the multiplier instead. You should at least get 166 x 12.5 out of it.

hahaha... i wish i could get it to run stable at 166 x 12.5.... cant boot even if i retard the RAM timings.... well too late now... i just fried my chip.... R.I.P. had a lot of potential... too bad soyo dragon lite sucks bigtime... wish i had a asus or epox instead...

lesson learned here.... do not push a non o/c board...

i think the hard restarts/resets really did the chip in....

funny thing is that my chip died when i was trying to run it 133 x 12.5x stupid dragon lite...

its odd though.... like i said... 12.5x and 133 FSB... default voltage....

Back