• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ and Maxtor problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

Ok, I started out to "fdisk" a 40gig Maxtor..

Got a error message said unknown OS.
So I started up Powermax, Maxtors diagnostic tool, to test the hd . The program didn't pick up the hd or the cdroms, it is suppose to.
So I updated the bios to the new one. Still no luck.
Pulled out another Maxtor 40 and it fdisked. But it is also not recognized by maxtor's Powermax, neither are the cdrom drives.
Although in the bios it is..

So I installed XP.
Data transfer between the cdrom drive and hd is slower than I am use to.

Then I ran SiSoft's "file system benchmark".. It didn't stop with any results after 10 mins I stopped it..

I think there is something wrong here..

I don't think they are. How could I tell? I do have a "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"..And the cdroms listed in the cdrom drives area..

I have two 40Gb Maxtor drives on my 8RDA+. The powermax tool doesn't work for me either. I had to take both drives out and put them in another comp to low-level them. I don't think the powermax program is compatible with the nforce2 chipset because it wouldn't work when I had the A7N8X-D either.

I tried a 60 gig WD with their diagnostic tool and it worked.. I guess it's just with Maxtor and Powermax..

Back