• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best everything-onboard mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude_drew

I'm gonna build my grandparents a computer. They barely know anything about it. I want it cheap. What board for under $120 could I get?

How about an ASUS A7V8X? They retail on Newegg for about $106.00. Its a good solid board and will run Athlon XP's (and I assume Barton CPU's).

motherboard

Biostar M7VKQ has onboard sound/video/lan and its $46 shipped. Supports socket A cpu's and sdram. Plenty for your grandparents unless they are hardcore FPS gamers.

There's also a comparable MSI board with a few overclocking features that sells for about $60.

Re: motherboard

Arkaine23 said:
Biostar M7VKQ has onboard sound/video/lan and its $46 shipped. Supports socket A cpu's and sdram. Plenty for your grandparents unless they are hardcore FPS gamers.

Grandparents and hardcore gamers. That doesn't fit in the same sentence. I guess there are that type of people. They don't know how to turn one on even. Grandpa just wants it for the internet. I want them to have one to play games when I'm over there.

with a $20 extra you can get the a7n8x DELUXE that is best onboard of everything .. including the awesome soundstorm so they can enjoy their classic or jazz

How about the Asus A7N266-VM (nForce1)?

It's a bit more expensive than the Biostar, which probably is OK for your grandparents too, but about half that of the Epox 8RGA+.

The nForce1 chipset on this motherboard has (almost) a Geforce2MX onboard (and really good sound), meaning that playing games is possible to some extent.

Does the a7n8x DELUXE have on board video?
No.

The Epox 8RGA+ recommended by NeverSleeps is probably the best bet if you want an nForce2 motherboard with onboard video.

What is the diff between the 8RDA+ and the 8RGA+? I know the 8RGA+ has video, but does it oc the same? I found a v-card for $50 so I might be able to convince them to get that. ""XFX (Pine Technology) Geforce4 MX440 SE 64MB SDR Model PV-T17L-DT With TV-out Retail"" to be exact. It'd probably make it faster overall. Then I could play alot of games when I stay over there. The v-card is probly bad, but 50 bucks. Ain't that bad.

Back