• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help w/ sensors and MBM5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toxik co2

I have the A7N8X non-deluxe w/ BIOS 1001.E

In Motherboard Manager 5 I have my CPU sensor set to 'Asus 1' and I get a load temp of 40C (Watercooled) but when I see what sensor 'Asus 2 (CUSL 2)' I get a reading of 53C load. Does anyone know what sensors are Socket and Die readings. Or what Asus 2 (CUSL 2) sensor is reading from. Any input would be greatly appricated.

-toxik

Last edited:
I did the update and am using W83L785TS-S Diode and I have it compensation 6C since I read it's that far off. But it jumps from 41C to 38C every now and then. Does anyone else actaully get a real on die temperature?

toxik co2 said:
I did the update and am using W83L785TS-S Diode and I have it compensation 6C since I read it's that far off. But it jumps from 41C to 38C every now and then. Does anyone else actaully get a real on die temperature?

I have a sensor that actually touches the core and it reads 4* less than the diode.........

RJ said:

I have a sensor that actually touches the core and it reads 4* less than the diode.........
Actually this is normal... Since on die reading are from the center of the core, they are hotter that the SIDE of the core... I have determined that if you add 6C to the on die reading in MBM5, it matches the on die reading from the bios temp. FWIW, My ondie reading with the 6C increase match my insocket temps almost to a "t". The on die reading jumps around alot where the insocket just sits there...

Back