• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram differences

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimboZ88

I was looking at Anitec.ca and i would like to know what is the difference between PC2100, PC2100-ECC, and PC2100-ECC-REG ? The latter is the most expensive and i would like to know why

---Oh and another thing---

Is Samsung ram good? i am going to buy 512mb (2x256 because i'm getting an Nforce Board :) ) of ram and was wondering if it is worth getting Samsung (or Infineon) ram. I am not going to O/C very much, so it should do, BUT tell me if i'm wrong.

PS- Also, i have a low budget, and cost IS a factor, so don't reply "G37 73|-| c0r54ir PC3500 r4|\/| c|_|zz i7 r0><0rzz!!!1" YA cuz corsair kinda 'spensive:D Peace 'oot

ECC is error correcting ram and only works on certain motherboards. It's mostly used for servers where data corruption can occur easily and what not. Deffinatley not made for desktop machines. As for the ECC-REG your on your own I have no clue, avoid em both, neither will work for a desktop box.

K rad, sounds good, i'll be avoided them due to the fact they cost One hojillion more dollars than normal ram, and might not work...Ya but i still would like to know if samsung if good ram for o/cing...not o/cing a ridiculous amount..166FSB maximum

Jeff7477 said:
I have Crucial PC2700(333mhz), and it does 200(400mhz) stable. its under 100 for 512 megs too.

wow, that's impressive for memory overclocking. BTW, what timing setting? Mostly, I'd be happy if I can get 10% oc on frequency.

it'll only go that high at SPD speeds, which is still good. too bad I can't do it for long because my HDD pukes with my FSB over 193

Back