• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp question for 8kha+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miralcos

:rolleyes:
I've looked and looked and looked.. I can't find where someone has checked the temps on the 8KHA+ to see if they are close to actual cpu temps... If there is a thread someone knows of or if anyone has any knowledge please let me know. I know some boards tell the incorrect temperature and was really wanting to know how close my board reads.. Plz help:eek:

Thanx for any help you can give! :)

Like Jon, I have had a number of 8KHA+s and think its pretty good as a rule.

In socket thermistors that are air cooled seem to usually read about 10 or 11c less than an on-die sensor; water cooled usually shows about 3 to 5c higher temp (air not getting behind the socket or some such...)

Comparing temp readings between two different systems is not very accurate at best: way too many variables exist before you even consider the accuracy of the sensors.

I use the indicated temperatures of others as a target when I first build (or re-build) as system, after that I gather data from THAT system. If I run stable at an indicated 40c or 65c makes little or no difference to me- it is when the temp I normally run at changes that I get concerned.

That said, I find 8KHA+ mobos are happiest at or below 43c or so- above that and high fsb speeds get flaky requiring me to drop my FSB below 166mhz.

Thanks a lot, makes me feel a little better. Mine stays around the 43C mark running f@h. I just wasn't sure if my temp was lying to me too much because I use a good heatsink and other people have reported having high 30s running f@h with the HSF that came with the machine. Thnx again.

Back