• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why the drop in price for DDR333(2700)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

port-error

Registered
well, i'm finally ready to buy some parts for my new computer...and i got it all priced up, when I go back to the googlegear site and see that the RAM i picked out is now like $80 cheaper?

http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80060

why the big drop in price for this RAM? is something out that is way better? I haven't seen any benchmarks that say the DDR400 is way better than the DDR333, and most will say to match your Processors BUS to your ram speed for better benchmarks and performance....

should I buy this ram at this great price? and why the drop?

It's cheaper because there are now faster RAM on the market like the PC3000, PC3200 and PC3500. No one will buy them if they were the same price as the newer and faster rated RAM.

how?

how can you say faster RAM? the DDR333 out performs the DDR400 when matched up with an XP with 333mhz FSB?

There was an article that I read that pointed out the true differences between ddr 333 (2700) and ddr 400 (3200), but at 333 MHz you are running in spec with the 2700 and if it has faster cas settings or is able to operate with more agressive timing it will be faster at this speed.

Re: how?

port-error said:
how can you say faster RAM? the DDR333 out performs the DDR400 when matched up with an XP with 333mhz FSB?

that is probably reffering to the motherboards... i would make a bet that if you ran an Nforce 2 mobo w/ not OCed PC2700 ram PC 3000,3200, or 3500 ram would beat it if you could get the FSB on the mobo up, and ran the tests with the same timing:D but i do remember seeing tests of KT400 mobos that did not much better or even worse than KT333 mobos:D

yeah , i try 166 fsb with my ddr 333 and it did run faster than 133 fsb with ddr 333

so if u want to buy pc3200 or higher rated ram , get an AMD :D :D
P4 will get u no where

setiup

xp 2700+
asus a7n8x-deluxe
(2) 512MB DDR333 (2700) - (use dualddr)

that good?

Back