• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ Bios Settings Questions for OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jconforti

Banned
I have a couple questions regarding the BIOS settings for the 8RDA+ when overclocking.

ONE: Some people say to set the CPU interface to "OPTIMAL", others say to set it to "AGGRESSIVE". What are the differences in doing so? The MoBo Book is useless.

TWO: The J1 jumper... What setting, or remove completely?

Can anyone shed some light?

If you are looking for a black and white answer, email Epox. I have my doubts anyone here can tell you the exact difference. I have found through my experience that optimal is far more stable while overclocking. Im sure this isnt the answer you seek but your question is not easily answered.

Well, you telling me that optimal is far more stable does help. Quite simply, thats what I wanted to know, I just wasnted an understanding.

Epox is useless, havent received an answer from them yet on anything,

The Jumper setting is something else i was curious about. Should I leave it at 133/166. or remove it? The choices are 100-133, 133/166, but a few have said they remove the jumper altogether...

Thanks for the reply, it is helpful.

If you need to use 100 FSB (for durons), then change the jumper. Otherwise leave it at 133.

lazyart said:
If you need to use 100 FSB (for durons), then change the jumper. Otherwise leave it at 133.

No, you misunderstood...

My system specs are below. But, I have read that for OCing, it is best to REOVE the jumper altogether. I have not tried it and wanted to see if anyone had any info on this. Right now, its at 133/166.

you may find it more efficent to ask your epox tech questions at one of the forums that epox has tech people at.try aoaforums.com or amdmb.com .

holst @ aoa forum answered that question before...

cpu interface = aggressive is like enable cpu fast encoding

most people set cpu interface = optimal coz it seems to be more stable.

about removing the j1 (bus frequency jumper), I tried it and did no good to me but to some it works like a wonder. it is like something you have to try and then find out.

I hate to say it, but the epox tech on amdmb.com doesnt answer anything really technical, and has yet to answer any of my questions.

The epox tech does like to BS when it comes to the easy stuff tho.

Last edited:
yes i have to agree.i dont know if thier the same guy but he seems laot more helpful at aoa.the guy at amdmb seems kinda ful of himself.i think he's full of something but it isn't himself. ;)

Back