• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ pc3500EL Anyone Else Got These???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekks

i just got 2x256 sticks, and it sux im limited on fsb because of my graffix card i think
does anyone else have these sticks are are you happy with them?? i know it uses 4.5 ns chips but what brand???

read my sig, im limited because my graffix go all wack @ 207 mhz and higher, its the only thing that could be limiting me correct??

Big Bad oMek said:
i just got 2x256 sticks, and it sux im limited on fsb because of my graffix card i think
does anyone else have these sticks are are you happy with them?? i know it uses 4.5 ns chips but what brand???
Yes I run that memory, very good stuff. How are you limited by the Gfx card? There is an AGP lock to keep it at 66Mhz so that is not the issue. More than likely it is the VDD voltage holding you back, for that mod see here: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167297 and here is some OCZ EL 3500 at 221FSB:

221.gif

OCZ 3500 EL-DDR - 456mhz tight timings

if my mobo would support more ddr voltage. i think i could push it higher.
ocz.jpg

my mem timings are in the cpuz display. 2-3-2-5
it's running at 2.8v, the most my bios supports.

dam with this ram, i cna only hit 207 @ 7-3-3-2t, and only sometimes im @ 200x12 6-3-3-2t best stable right now, dont know what im doing wrong, i have uber final bios maby because im running 2 sticks??

Big Bad oMek said:
dam with this ram, i cna only hit 207 @ 7-3-3-2t, and only sometimes im @ 200x12 6-3-3-2t best stable right now, dont know what im doing wrong, i have uber final bios maby because im running 2 sticks??

He's running a P4, and your running an AMD CPU. P4 usually always wins in memory bandwith.
Your memory should be able to run higher than 200 6-3-3-2.
One stick may be holding you back. Only a guess.
Try booting the system with one stick and run is as fast as ya can. Then do the same for the other.

Well i have 2x512mb OCZ PC3200 and im happy with it. I need to do the vdd mod so i can really push it though.

ya im gona do a vdd mod today i think, hopefully i wont make a sacrafice to the computer gods yet again (fried 4 mbs, 5 ram sticks, and 3 cpus)

the vdd mod is a great thing for the a7n8x mb

mem.jpg

this is @ 220

i posted @ 225 and coulda gone higher, i cant wait till i get my waterblock and can really crank this puppy up

Back