• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V333-X vdimm mod needed from Modders.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[veix]

Registered
A7V333-X vdimm mod needed, a7v8x bios overflash

Hi, this my quite first post in this forum, so be fare.
I have bought this mobo: ASUS A7V333-X. It's a good one, but i lacks of dimm voltages. I am 194Mhz fsb with it, but my memory starts to hold back (atleast i think so). RAM is 512MB Samsung PC2700 TCB3. The thing i need is vdimm mod. I've done vcore mod to my old k7s5a(dead now) so i could easily solder some transistors :) Is anyone out there with same mobo or knowledge to do such thing(research).

My specs are:
AXDA1800DUT3C JIUCB 0250
ASUS A7V333-X bios1003
Q-Tech 2xFan 550w PSU
512MB Samsung PC2700
Volcano7 HS + AKASA 4led Fan + AS3

Last edited:
Hope that I can help, I have a A7V333 if the A7V333-X is anything like it hopfully it is, then there are some undocumented jumpers what will help you get more voltage for the memory. Click here . Hope this helps....
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS.

Asus already over volts the Core and DIMM. So just be careful you don't set the voltage too high or you might end up destroying your RAM.

I noticed in your sig that you're using bios 1003. I suggest flashing to 1016 (or any bios 1013 and later) since they support the tbred processor. Your system will run at with the older bios version but you won't get the max options as with the newer bios'.

Last edited:
Zazuk:
Too bad it isn't like a7v333, because i wasn't able to find any voltage jumpers from board, using physical and pdf investigation.

Maxima:
It's a a7v333-x, not a7v333. So the latest bios is version 1003.
PS. I can bet i've seen you in OCW forums.

That mobo is basically KT400 board, but with disabled agp 8x.

Is there a point, asking a special bios from Asus ? I mean... do they make 'em or not? In my k7s5a days, people asked ecs and they got bioses with resolved bug fixed they had.
Maybe i could ask asus to add vdimm voltage in bios. What's your thoughts....

I had a dejavu today. I looked trhough asus site and found a VERY similar motherboard to my a7v333-x.
It is a7v8x board. The layout is exactly the same, but with voice post message, raid, serial ata, ieee controller.

My question.... can i use a7v8x bios and flash it to my a7v333-x.
I know that, when raid is not detected (during the flash procedure) it is disabled automatically. Maybe i could flash a7v8x bios and disable unexisting features from bios.

[veix] said:
I had a dejavu today. I looked trhough asus site and found a VERY similar motherboard to my a7v333-x.
It is a7v8x board. The layout is exactly the same, but with voice post message, raid, serial ata, ieee controller.

My question.... can i use a7v8x bios and flash it to my a7v333-x.
I know that, when raid is not detected (during the flash procedure) it is disabled automatically. Maybe i could flash a7v8x bios and disable unexisting features from bios.

If you flash with that bios you WILL destroy your board...
Your MB have the KT333 chipset and A7V8X KT400.

/Norrko

Back