• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I/O jumpers ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chimera.XP

HI there , what i'm trying to do is get more FSB out of my Board untill I can unlock my XP chip ,
I'm running an ASUS A7V 133 bios is 1010.001
looking at my manual it talks about I/O Voltage settings
I have a 3.30 3.45 (default) and test mode.

it also states that it should be left on default unless process overclocking reuires a higher voltage .

first question is if what would it say to leave it on default unless more voltage is requires a high voltage when 3.45 is default and is the highest this setting goes too?

second what would be the pros and cons of moving the jumper to either 3.30 or test mode ?

I was tring to overclock my sytem to see how high I can go I have been able to get to 150 FSB with no problems yet and no mods done to the board.
I read else where that your PCI slots also overclock which I knew but if your able to get to something like 166 it defaults back to 33/66 (pci/agp).

Third what are some other ways to be able to get the FSB higher , I'm open to other options .
I plan on getting something to unlock the XP chip next month and I hope this will help as well.
what are s

some tricks people are using ?

System specs;
AMD athlonXP 1600+
ASUS a7v-133 bios 1010.001
Thermaltake V7+ w/AC3
SBlive 4.1
Radeon 8500LE128
TV wonderVE
GVC 56K v.90
Dlink 10/100
512Mb sdram micron cas 2
60+40Gb Maxtor HD
24X10x40X CDRW
16Xdvdrom
6 fans mounted in lianli pc67 + chipset and CPU/PSU

Yeah It's an ASUS A7V 133 , I thought it was werid my self since dram voltage it 3.3 Volts , I wonder it this is why I kept killing cheaper ram

Back