• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BAD experience with Cooler Guys.. grr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DasVen

ok,ok, I know Cooler Guys are an advertiser here so If you want to drag me out in the street and shoot me do so now.

I have never felt a need to gripe about much of anything but this has kinda gotten to me.

On the 14'th I ordered 3 things SLK800, ASIII, and a tornado fan. Now I will admit I was not really in a hurry to get these things so I ordered them ground. The reason I was in no hurry was that a friend has paid for next day and the package did not ship until 3 days after the order was placed. That's all fine and good, like I said I was in no hurry.

So, on the 18'th my order tracking number is still not working at the web site. So, I shoot off this email
"Morning, I was wondering the status of order #80710 placed on 02.14.03. I had sent an email immediately after placing the order noting the mix-up between billing and shipping addresses. I have yet to hear an update on the status of the order."

Even then I was in no real hurry to get the order, just wanted to know what was going on.

Well, the response was that the Tornado fan was out of stock and they had to "get one from corporate" sniff, sniff. Any who I was told that my order was to be split and the fan would come separately. Now here I am on the 19'th, 5 days since I placed my order and finally 75% of it was about to ship, yippee!

O.K... I got the HSF, and ASIII yesterday... fun, fun.. Not having the Tornado fan was like having a new toy and no batteries.

But even at this point I am still quite happy about the whole ordeal, just thought I would send an email today and find out where my fan is so I could put all my toys together.

So, I get up this morning and shoot of an email saying

"Hello, on the 14'th I placed this order and was told that the Tornado 80x38mm Ultra High Speed fan (84.1 CFM) was out of stock and would be shipped separately. I received the SLK and ASIII yesterday on the 25'th. I was wondering when the Tornado 80x38mm Ultra High Speed fan (84.1 CFM) shipped?"

Then in turn I get this
"Thank you for your inquiry.
Your fans were sent out on the 17th.
Since UPS can't deliver to a P.O. box a post card was sent and received and the order was redelivered to:"

Believe it or not I actually knew that UPS does not deliver to P.O. Boxes. Knowing that I included my "shipping" address with the original order. Somehow they managed to get the SLK and ASIII to me using the "shipping" address I provided. I don't know what could have happened that would cause them to send half the order to the correct address and turn around and try to send the rest to my billing address which is a P.O. Box no less. And then to have the audacity to imply that I had somehow requested the order be sent to a P.O. BOX... Grrr, I say, Grr.

Now where did the order end up you might ask. Trust me this is the kicker!

Feb 25, 2003
6:28 P.M. ATHENS (BOGART), GA, US DELIVERY
5:56 A.M. ATHENS (BOGART), GA, US P.O. BOX, NOT DELIVERED;ADDRESS CORRECTED, DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

Feb 24, 2003
7:43 P.M. ATHENS (BOGART), GA, US P.O. BOX, NOT DELIVERED;POSTCARD HAS BEEN SENT
10:35 A.M. ATHENS (BOGART), GA, US NO SUCH STREET, NOT DELIVERED
7:30 A.M. ATHENS (BOGART), GA, US OUT FOR DELIVERY

And for the three point conversion

Status: Delivered Delivered on: Feb 25, 2003 6:28 P.M. Location: PORCH <-Left on the porch without a signature yippee!

Now the above address is where my mother lives and it's only a 45min drive each way "uphill both ways" to get there.

Normally I would not even have a problem with this but there was a good reason the package was left without a signature, and that would be that mother is on holiday and will be till months end. So, here I am at work hopeing that somehow no one has decided to remove my little box from her porch. And hey maby the poring rain from the last two days has managed to miss my little box somehow. <-Can you tell my faith in the boxes safety is abundant?

I think a couple of things could be worked on

1.) If an item is out of stock, make note of it on the web site. Don't wait until a customer asks "where is my stuff" to make note of it
2.) At the very least pretend to care, don't act as if this is just part of your everyday operations.

Mabey I am just a customer service nazi since I manage 2 Eckerd photo labs here. But I have learned never to blame the customer on something that was my or my employees fault. and never give the customer the impression that you are indifferent.

I am not saying that I will never shop from cooler guys again nor suggesting anyone else do the same. All I am trying to convey is that this particular experience REALLY SUCKED! (and is not over yet)

i placed an order from them a little while ago and had no trouble, but all of the stuff that i ordered was in stock. after i ordered it, i realized that they are about 10 minutes away from where i live and i paid for shipping :bang head:
next time i will drive over there :p
thats pretty weird that they shipped one package to the right address and the other to your billing address.

It's definately not good business practice to sell something you don't have in stock. Unfortunately a lot of business do that, and it's very frustrating. I stay away from companies that do that.

Hope you are not expecting the Vantec Tornado like the one pictured with the box on their website. I ordered 3 of them and got 3 PC Toys fans in plastic bags. Work good though.

I KNOW

Yup, Same way with their ASIII it was AS3 with a pctoys sticker. The fan wich I did finally get was not the one in the website image either. But I do have a regular one and best I can tell it's the dame thing.

Back