• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X or MSI KT400? Or an Epox??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

byrn

Registered
Going for a t bred 2400 and Kingston 333mhz DDRAM, which board should I go with? I have heard of EIDE problems with the Asus but also some stability issues with the MSI.

Any suggestions?

I would also like to know if it is possible to lower the multiplier (so I can get FSB up to 166 and run sync with the memory) without unlocking the CPU. I have heard that this is not possible with the Asus or MSI, but heard that some Epox boards allow you to change multipliers without moding the cpu. Is this true, if so what Epox board is recomended?

Also, is there any difference between the A7N8X and the A7N8X Deluxe other than the sound??

Thx

I am also planning on using a Ti4200 128 mb gf4 card but heard there are conflicts between the Epox boards and the gf cards, is this true?

go for the epox os asus. as for the ti4200 thing, its not a problem if you know about it. all it is is that the t14200 is a long card and when installed it comes very close to a dimm slot clip. there is a small capactior on the ti4200 that can be knocked of the PCB upon installation if precaution is not taken. not really an issue, just keep an eye on that corner of the card when installing it, and oh install the ram AFTER you install the vid card otherwise itll be too tuff to dodge that dimm clip.

Yup, read all that now =) Thanks for the info

I'm going to go with the epox 8RDA+ with a t-bred 2400+ at 13x1666=2100(or so)mhz

I know this, but the Asus does not outperform the Epox by much, however the Epox allows the multiplier to be freely changed from 3x-24x without any moding on the chip.

go with epox, best stuff for the money, my msi board is good but i would reccommend the epox because i couldn't afford it :D

About that Epox (I am building a server and looking for a KT400 mobo), how much voltage can it deliver to the CPU? The price of that Epox is hard to ignore.
THANKS.

Last edited:
Back