• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS PROBE-- are these temps right!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

majkmil

12.5x192--- 1.75V---34c load. asus probe seems low but bios mb is even lower. iknow the slk8000 is good but this seems toooooo good. ive read about the different placement of sensors but im not sure witch ones to beleive. thanks for any help

i think they are really off. and it keeps changing everytime i take out my chip. before it would say my cpu was at 70 C immediatley after i turn it on in the morning. now it says its at 32 C when running prime95 for several hours. The Asus probe seems more accurate to me

I had a problem with my Asus probe on my intel board, someone posted a link to the latest version, and problem was fixed. So check the site for an update, if your still not comfortable with it. But you've got something better, a real probe you placed yourself.

To be absolutely sure of your temps, go out and download motherboard monitor 5. It allows you to read the on die temps, aswell as the insocket thermistor temps. for instance my load temp of 42c is the on die temp, the insocket thermistor temp reads 36c. Before I stopped using asus probe I found out that it was reading in socket thermistor temps.

Back