• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT4V, or K7N2???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimboZ88

So i want a new Mobo, and have heard good things about MSI, so i was looking into some of their products. I'm looking at the K7N2 right now which is an Nforce board, and the KT4V which is teh VIA KT400 chipset. The K7N2 is $159, and the KT4V is $123 Canadian Funds. Really, am i going to notice huge benefits if i get the Nforce board instead of the KT400 board? Is it worth the extra cash for the K7N2. I have a limited budget, and i don't want to spend $36 more for something that is 1% better. Thanks in advance.

I would definatly advise you to go with the nForce 2 board. I own a Asus nForce 2 board, and love the chipset. Built a computer today with a K7N2 board, and it looked REALLY good. Overclockers board from the looks of the bios.

the ability to fix PCI and AGP bus on the nforce2 board its well worth it

I got the k7nsG-iLsr and I would advise that you go with the k7n2-L it is only 99$ as apoosed to 169$(at fry's) and will actually perform better.....the only reason to go -iLsr is Raid which to me aint worth it..

MSI is great. Just installed my K7N2 in place of my epox 8rda. The 8rda couldn't get my memory to run above 150mhz, now I can run my memory at 166mhz in sync, and my tbred at 2.16ghz. This thing rips.

I have the K7N2... just read my Sig... it's pretty sweet.. except for the 200mhz fsb limit... i wish it can go abit higher... maybe in future Bios, when over 400 FSB is needed.. :p

Back