• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid setup on A7N8X from a7v266e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xriderbc

Hey all! Anyone transferred a raid array over from one board to another? I currently have an array (stripe set) on an A7V266-E with the Promise chip. I'm thinking of moving to an A7N8X with the other type of raid chip (silicon image). If I change boards, can I just attach my 2 drives and away I go, or will I lose the data? I have 2 western digital 80 gig 7200 rpm IDE drives in the array, and would hate to lose the data there.

sorry

if you noticed during first setup of your array on old board, it stated before creating that you will lose existing data...now since you are transfering to another board with different raid...most likely you will have to create a array through silicon which YES you will lose the data.....not 100% sure cause i just reformat and start over when switching motherboards.....

Back