• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wrong voltage reading on 8rda+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hikoshu

Registered
halo
my 8rda+ is reading the voltage wrong
i set in the bio 1.70 for vcore
however, the outside and mbm5 read it 1.75
no matter wat i set, those programs will read 0.05v more
anyone knows what is going on ?
which is my correct voltage ?

thanks for helping~

wow......
this is sad....
is there anyway to fix, like update bios or ......
or it's just fine to leave there and ignore ?!
thank you guys

Leave it and if you are having no problems i dont recommed updating bios unless you are having post and other bios problems. My old asus board gave me .03 more vcore then what i set it to in bios .

:) hehe
basically i dont have any problems with this board as others with my 9700 pro or other boot problem...
just the voltage is scaring me cuz i m @ 1.90v but it shows almost 2v whiling booting...
:mad: firing~~
alrite, thnx man, your help is really helpful to me =D

i believe this is caused by an auto voltage scaling system by the motherboard, giving you the voltage you need, close to the setting you chose

well if you only want 1.9 V then set it to 1.85 and it'll be 1.9 V.. I can't really see any problems with this.. at least not with the CPU.. it's a bit disturbing with the memory though since i'd like it to go a bit higher than 2.83 V ..

I use USDM that comes with the 8RDA+ and the voltage reads the same as the bios 1.6 to 1.616.Not sure how accurate it is though.Other programs might be more accurate.

Really, I doubt the software makes much of a difference. They all read from the same source afterall. The only thing that really matters is the source itself, which we can't change.

Two possibities: either it is overvolting the processor (by a little), or the source is off by a little. Either way, the difference itself is probably accurate.

.03 volts is like what, ~4%? Not too shabby.

bah, ~2% actually. Don't worry about it, unless you have a tbredb, and are already running the vcors WAY out of spec.

Back