• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7vrxp and higher multi's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GWN

ok I have been reading through the posts and I was wondering if there are any bios fixes for getting the higher mutil's? I want to buy a 1700tbredb chip but I don't seem to have a lot of luck running high fsb. So if I bought the chip and cut the 5th L3 bridge I still can't get the higher multi's? I would want to run the chip at around 14 multi or something. I manged to run my comp at fsb 166 for a while but my HD was doing weird things ( even when on the promis chip) it just wasn't stable. So any word on any Bios fix for the multi's?

Do you have to do various combos of L3 bridges to get individual multi's or can you connect them all to get at least 13-17. Make sense?

wierd, i put in a random Multiplyer config in the little box of switches. and the thing booted at 17x133, dunno how it got over 12.5, and i look in my manual and the setting i picked should have given me a multiplyer of 9 not 17. the bois didn't know what to think, so it just said i had an athlon @ 2234 or something like that. no pr numbers.

Woah! No idea how you got the 17 multi!!! I finally went out and bought a 1700tbredB. Running it at 2.1ghz right now. man sweet little chip. I managed to get my fsb up there. The Hd seems to be ok now on the promise chip. 12.5x166 and I only had to up the voltage +5% for the last little bit. It was running fine at 1.97Ghz with no extra voltage!

ok here is how i did it. i testes every multiplyer setting on those little switches. look in the manual and set it to 9x that the first 2 switches up and last 4 down. non of the other settings work for me. but i'm happly running at 170x13. i think 175 might be in my reach

I'm not sure if it's the same with the Thoroughbred, but with the Palamino, controlling BP_FID4 activates or deactivates the multiplier translation table, like so:

5x = 13x
5.5x =13.5x
6x = 14x
7x = 15x
8x = 16x
8.5x = 16.5x
9x = 17x
9.5x = 18x

I have a 1700+ TBred "B" overclocked to 2106Mhz, these CPUs are great! :) Best £46 I ever spent.

Last edited:
GWN said:
What does "controlling BP_FID4" mean?

BP_FID4 is a pin in the CPU socket, by pulling it to GND or Vcc you can control it. BP_FID signals are sent to the CPU by the chipset to assign multipliers.

Back