• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HardDrive Corruption

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deadphishy

well, no matter what i try i can't get a high FSB on my motherboard. 7vrxp. I've been able to get into windows once at 166. but after restarting and lowing everything to default i still get the same old missing file. I've reinstalled windows 3 times today. how can i get the high fsb without the harddrive corruption. i have bios version 12f. and i've tried everytime the 1/5 divider routine. shouldn't that keep my harddrive in normale specs at 166? any help would be great. it's a Xp2100 tbred and i allready had the chip running 166 at 1.6volts on my friends NF2 board.

Have you tried putting the HDD on the promise, Ive never had corruption and I have had the FSB to 192MHz stable, with an 1800+. but my HDD have always been on the promise.
Hood

Enable the promise in the BIOS by setting to ATA, boot into windows and load the drivers when it asks for them. Shut down and then swap the HDD to IDE3, go into BIOS and set to boot from RAID/ATA then you should be able to boot into windows and hopefully the end of your corruption.
Hood

well so far it worked. thanks. just one more question can i restart with out having to go through the routine, or is it both turn off and restart that will bump be back.

Back