• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X/IE6 or AOL frequent reboots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jnt03

Sometimes when I click on IE6 via LAN or try dialing in via AOL, my system reboots. Normally this happens when I first boot up to Windows XP. I tried reloading the chipset driver but that didn't help. Anyway, for instance, my wife tried dialing 3 times into AOL and all 3 times my PC rebooted. I also brought my pc to work to connect to our LAN and the first couple times I clicked on IE6, it rebooted. By the way, we are still having to use dialup cause DSL or Cable are unavailable in my area... Any ideas? Should I try reloading Windows? Thanks in advance!

My Specs:
A7n8x Deluxe - bios 1002
Antec Lanboy 350pwr supply
XP 1700b overclocked to 1.67
512 Samsung PC2700
ATI Radeon 8500LE
Windows XP Pro Sp1a

I doubt it would be because of any of the hardware that you posted.
I would look for an IRQ conflict. See what other devices are using the modem's IRQ, and change it....

Just noticed, you said you connected it to Lan... See if the nic card and the modem are on same IRQ. I would even pull the NIC just to see if thats it...

Back