• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock ability of Infineon 2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creepin_D

Registered
I have a chance to get a gig of pc 2700 Infineon ram. But i'm wondering how stable is it at high fsb's. As of now i have 512megs of Corsair 3200. My buddy said he can get 160fsb, with max settings on a dual ddr board with his infineon ram, but i wants to get 167fsb, think i should go for this gig of ram or stick with my 512megs??

BTW i have a P4 2.4Ghz (533) cpu and an Asus P4PE board

depends on if your buddy is usi9ng ddimm adjustments if he isn't then get it it will meet your need easily. if he is using the vdimm adj. then you won't get there.

i hade some of that ram 1x256 stick and it suxed would not do over 170, so i took it back and got better stuff :)

im running 2 sticks of the infineon as we speak. @2.7 vdimm im able to run them at 176 mhz tightest timings. it would probably do more but my motherboard wont go over 176 no matter what memory i put in it.

Back