• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X DLX BIOS flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Serraph

Having trouble flashing my bios. I downloaded the 1002 bios from the asus website, unzipped it, and put the file onto a floppy disk. The file name was AN8D1002.BIN

I restart the computer and at the green A7n8x deluxe logo I hit ALT+F2 and enter the flash screen. I then type in AN8D1002.BIN and hit enter but under message it says "Source file not found!" and won't let me flash. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? This is my first attempt to flash ever btw.

Also downloaded the 1001c (what I have now) and put it onto another disk just in case I need to switch back.

Last edited:
If you are coming from 1001g it wouldn't surprise me.....I had the same problem..just make a dos boot disk with awdflash on it and it will work that way

Mine came with 1001.G and i used the procedure he is using without any problems.

Check to see if the name of the bios on the floppy is in capitol letters. Make sure you type it exactly. Sounds like it is just not seeing it because of a typo. If it's in capitols, use capitols. If lowercase use lowercase. And check the spelling a few times to make sure you have it correct when entering it into the flash utility.

Is it available now? When i got this board it looked like the easy way to do it. Never could connect to anywhere though. Asus's sites are never up....

Wouldnt recommend using it either. I had two bad flashes using it with a A7V8X, lucky though as I had two boards, and changed out the bios chip. Started it up than removed the bios chip and put the dead one in while the pc was still running and flashed it back to life. Floppy is safest and wouldnt recommend using that utility whatsoever.

Well I used the utility to update my bios right before you posted that JoJoMoJo. If I had seen that I probably wouldn't have used it but the good thing is that it worked and my bios is now running 1002. Only thing thing is that it didn't unlock my 2100+ tbred B. I read a few posts saying the 1002 bios' will unlock all the multipliers for t-breds. Guess I'll just bridge the 5th L3 next time I take my heatsink off. Thanks for the help.

Hell no, I'd reflash with Alt F2 and let that damn thing unlock you multipliers, 1002 should work.

I had the same prob try exracting that file to the disk thats what i did and it created another file and it worked fine after that....

I flashed again from 1002 to 1002a and it still hasn't unlocked any multipliers (higher or lower). Whenever I change the multiplier and exit and save it won't boot until I turn it off about 10 seconds or more and then restart. Even then it doesn't detect the changed multipliers and shows my processor at 1500+ (100 x 13) even though it was set to 133 x 12 in the bios.

Serraph said:
I flashed again from 1002 to 1002a and it still hasn't unlocked any multipliers (higher or lower). Whenever I change the multiplier and exit and save it won't boot until I turn it off about 10 seconds or more and then restart. Even then it doesn't detect the changed multipliers and shows my processor at 1500+ (100 x 13) even though it was set to 133 x 12 in the bios.

I had the same problem. Once I reset BIOS defaults and used the jumper to clear CMOS settings I was able to use the multipliers.

M.

Back