• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im stumped...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrashOveride

well i just got some new memory from a member here and he said that it would run pretty fast 180+ so im gonna assume that that is true... my memory before would do 170 at fasttest timing just fine... so i tried it with those setting with both sticks (2X256) and it blue screened a lil after boot up when i went to run a program... so i messed witheh voltage... no fix lowerd FSB no fix lowered voltage (thoguh it might be getting too hot) this made it blue screen less but it just kinda randomly exited out of programs... so i tweaked it now i eventualy switched the dimm the new ram was in and am running it at +2v over stock... so i think 2.7v?, 167FSB, Cas2 rest stock, and i havnt had a problem yet (just booted and am browsing and workign on pics for my webpage...) if this didnt fix it im stumped... any one got any ideas? (if idonthave any problems ill try running some games and stuff and if there are no problems ill let you know...) thnks if you can help:D

EDIT: well kinda funny but now its ll wokrign ok... i moved te new ram to a differetn Dimm cuz in the middle of trying to make this psotit crashed so i rewrote it (like i said after i switched the ram to a new Dimm) and now it works just fine... now to see if i can get back up to a good OC...:D

Last edited:
Back