• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATA133/udma6 can't be enabled in win2k with 8rda

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crumpkin

Registered
I can't seem to get it working. The cable is in correct (if plugged in backwards, it will only work as ata33/udma2), and the drive supports it. Bios even detects it as such (ata 133).

The driver however does not. I have it set to "udam if available", and it claims to be set to pio (advanced settings tab of primary IDE controller). From reading some info on microsoft.com, it seems this driver does not support udma6/ata133.

The problem seems to be the driver itself, but I can't find a replacement for it. Where can I find a nvidia ide driver for it? It doesn't seem to be in their driver pack (directories smbus, graphics, usb, memctl, GART, ethernet, audioutl, audiodrv).

Installing that driver should fix the problem, but where do I get it?

Any other suggestions on how to enable udma6/ata133 in win2k?

Thanks again,

Didn't help. I still can't find where they extract their ide controller drivers. (I know where they extract all the files, just can't find the ide ones).

This is becomming incredibly annoying. If my drive was ata100, I would have no problems, but because it's ata133, the microsoft driver doesn't work, and instead of defaulting to max (100), it defaults to pio.

Any other suggestions?

Try this page:

http://fernando.darocha.free.fr/page/nvidia drv.htm

Its not in english, but if you scroll down to the bottom of it you will see listings for 2 sets of NF2 Drivers.

One is the official version, which makes no mention of IDE drivers of any type.

The second is the non-official version, which has a listing for IDE drivers.

Try downloading and installing the non-official version and see what happens.

Al

Still a no go. Going to try and get a cab extractor and see whats going on in those data files.

Please someone help me, believe it or not, this is making a huge difference on my system. If I do anything that require a lot of disk access (downloading something at over 1mbyte a second does, and happens often), the system becomes jerky. This just doesn't do a tbredb justice!

thanks again,

Downloaded the winxp drivers, and it's a no go still. These drivers "require a different version of windows".

Is there anyway to make this thing work? It's driving me insane.

Ok, how about a different question. Who here has installed win2k, and has udma6 (ata133) enabled?

Please, people, I REALLY need some help here.

Thanks again,

Back