• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to buy 8KHA+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

E_Man

Hello, I accidentally scratched an area of my asus A7M266 installing watercooling, so now i cant shut down properly, and on this board I only get 145 mhz, overclocking my pci/agp.

The epox 8KHA+ seemed a wise choice for an XP 1800+

I want multiplier ajustment, as i found my A7M266 didn't have adjustment the hard way. I would like memory locking and pci.

Anyways, for some reason I cant find the 8KHA+ ANYWHERE!

not pricewatch.com or product finder. Whats the deal? Is it discontinued?

Greetings E_Man,

It does seem that the 8KHA+ board is a little hard to find.

May I recommend the 8K3A+. You will find it at Pricewatch.

I own both of these boards and both of them are very nice, but the 8K3A+ will leave you a little room to grow.

Just check out the specs on the 8K3A+, if you haven't already, and I think you will agree. It's the best board I have ever owned and Epox support is second to none!

Good luck

I have both the 8KHA and the 8K3A+. The 8K3A+ wont allow multiplier adjustment with the new Tbreds, so you're stuck with the default multiplier and FSB adjustments only. I e-mailed Epox asking about a bios update that"ll allow this, but they just ignored mso much for their support. The 8KHA, as reported in a post on this forum, apparently does allow multiplier manipulation by setting low multipliers which'll give you the high ones, (6X=16X, or something like that). A much better board is the Asus A7V333, which gives you full access to all the multipliers.

Jboy,
What new Athlons are you referring too?

I have an AthlonXP 1600+ unlocked (I am sure you know that you must close the L1 bridges to change the multiplier) and am able to change multiplier and FSB. I have full control over every setting and can run it up to almost 1800MHz stable.
I am prepareing to get one of the new Barton cores and haven't looked into the capability to change multilpier on them yet, so I can't say.

No offence intended, just curious :)

Last edited:
Alright,
@ newegg.com
$69 for 8K3AE

$85 for Asus A7V333

I am using an XP 1800+ (palomino core)

I dont think you would get good performance, but are there boards that can lock memory speeds while fsb increases?

Anyone know if crucial 2100(266) can run at 2700(333)?

Can I confirm that the 8K3AE has an optional 1/5 divider?

I was refering to the XP2100 B Thoroughbred. The 1700B uses the lower multiplier range, so I think I read around here somewheres that it might work-but do your own search, I may be wrong. The 2100B definitely does not work re: multiplier control on the 8K3A+, I've confirmed this from my own experience and visits to other forums. BTW, I got all my boards as refurbs from newegg: 8KHa-$41,8K3A+-$49, Avy333R-$39, and they all were fine. Keep checking neweggs refurb section, especially on mondays, starting around 11:00. One of the newer epox boards, (8RDA ?), lets you lock all the bus speeds and manipulate the multipliers on the "B" series. Check em out..

I just checked newegg.com didn't even have any AMD motherboards for sale refurbished.

But today is sunday, Il check tommorow.

you think they will change the bios?

They should update the bios. Hell, it's not that old a board ! Epox boards have a lot of great tweaks, but they dont always seem to do the right thing in terms of customer support. The A7V333 I have runs great, though top v.core is only 1.80v, but there's a really simple non-soldering voltage mod you can make that'll extend the range from 1.75 to 2.10v. Details of this mod can be found on these forums. You have to keep checking newegg. When they have really good buys, they sell out extremely fast. Just keep their site window minimized on your browser and check them every now and then whenever you're online. And if you got the bucks, buy as many as you can afford for future projects. Like I have 3 -350watt HEC's in reserve for future projects, $20 each w/free shipping. 300watt Sparkles were $18. Good hunting and Good Luck..BTW both the 8K3A+ and the A7v333 have a 1/5 divider. My crucial 2100 ram runs at 170 fsb with no probs, have never pushed it higher. MB board prices are kind of funny, I paid $39 for my A7V333, and $49 for the 8K3A+. Oh, and neweggs refurbed Epox boards seem to always be new with full retail packaging and accessories. The asus boards came bare with nothing, maybe that's why they're cheaper as refurbs.

Last edited:
Man, I sent epox an email on Sunday afternoon about a problem I was having and I didn't expect an answer back for a couple days but I went back and checked a little while later and already had an answer.

I used to be an Asus fan. I still have my old K7V, slot A mobo w/ the gold finger hooked up and I love it because it's so stable.

Then I bought the A7M, or something like that, and had problems and couldn't get an answer from Asus about anything. I went to their web site and all I could get was a FAQ and none of the questions had to do with the problem I was having, so I sent them several emails and never heard a thing from them. Send Asus a question and see if you get an answer from a real person. (Not an overclocking question because none of them will answer stuff like that usually)

I finally sold that board for about half what I paid for it and and bought the 8KHA+. I had a couple questions and sent them in and to my surprise I got an answer from a real person, not some automated response. It's been that way ever since. I hope they never change and continue to support their products the way they do. We'll see if success goes to their heads.

They are a little hesitant to answer questions about problems you might be having overclocking, but that's what these forums are for and they aren't obligated to support overclocking even though they make boards that are geared for it.

At the time Asus was quite a bit more expensive too, but I think the competition has caused them to lower their prices lately.

I got the 8K3A+ now and it's been a great board. I see that they continue to update the bios and throw little things out there for us to play with. Their great.

Epox support is second to none at the moment and I'm happy to have the opportunity to stand up for them after the ways they have supported me in the past.

You need to have a good power supply though--haha.

Back